Jaguar Mark 2 3.8 1967 Dark Blue

The Jaguar Mark 2 was built from 1959 to 1967 as a successor to the 2.4 and 3.4 litre models which were manufactured between 1957 and 1959. In September 1967 the 2.4 Litre and 3.4 Litre Mark 2 cars were rebadged as the 240 and 340 respectively. The 3.8 Litre model was discontinued. The 240 and 340 were interim models intended to fill the gap until the introduction of the XJ6 in September 1968. The 340 was discontinued on the introduction of the XJ6 but the 240 continued as a budget priced model until April 1969; its price of £1364 was only £20 more than the first 2.4 in 1956.

Compared to the Mark 1, appearance of the car was transformed by an increase of 18% in cabin glass area greatly improving vision. The car was re-engineered above the waistline, slender front pillars allowed a wider windscreen and the rear window almost wrapped around to the enlarged side windows now with the familiar Jaguar D-shape above the back door and fully chromed frames for all the side windows. The radiator grille was amended and larger side, tail and fog lamps repositioned. Inside a new heating system was fitted and ducted to the rear compartment. There was an improved instrument layout that became standard for all Jaguar cars until the XJ series II of 1973.

The Mark 2 was a handsome, powerful and good handling saloonwhich was offered with a choice of three six-cylinder twin camengines; 2.4 litre, 3.4 litre or 3.8 litre. After the appreciationof the MK.I, Jaguar's successor was well received making a good careven better. Similar in appearance but with a bigger glassarea, it boasted a wider track to improve road holding togetherwith minor front suspension changes to reduce body roll andall-round disc rather than drum brakes. Raced by all the topdrivers of the day including Graham Hill, Roy Salvadori and Michael Parkes, the Mark 2 has scored victories throughout saloon car races in the sixties and was also raced across Europe in the Tour De France and Monte Carlo rally.

This splendid 3.8 Manual Overdrive version was first registered in 1967 in England. It is Righthand Drive. It came in the current custiodian's hands in 1993 when bought in England.

In the large history file we see a restoration and work done by the then well known company Vicarage.

It received a 5 speed gearbox conversion and powersteering making it a blast to drive.

A very nice example.

Euro 34.500,-

Share this page


KNAC Ambassadeur


Mme Curiestraat 8
2171 TW Sassenheim

P: +31 (0) 252 218 980
F: +31 (0) 252 218 981

Events archive

News and events

100 Miles of Amsterdam 2017

December 17th 2017 , 12:00:00
A few days before Christmas it was all about the 100 Miles of Amsterdam. This night rally is the event for ... » more information